Tuesday, December 18, 2012

A Nurses "Cure All" Soup

Earlier this morning, I was reading my Facebook wall and so many of my friends have posts about being sick with either the flu or a stomach virus.  One of my daughters friends was even in the hospital over the weekend for dehydration.  As a nurse, I know how tough it is being sick.  It's just about as hard on the caretaker as it is on the person that is sick.  Over the years, I have taken care of many sick people, both in the hospitals where I worked and in my own family.  Although, I have to say, my patients in the hospital were usually much easier to take care of than my own family. Have you ever noticed how even teenagers and grown men seem to revert to children when they are sick?   Maybe that's only my family.

Anyway, this recipe is about as simple as it gets (thank goodness) and it's great for recuperating stomachs because it's so mild.   It's also great served with grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner when you just don't feel like cooking a big dinner.

"Cure-All" Soup

Ingredients
6 cups of water
7 bouillon cubes (chicken or beef)
1/4 teaspoon dried parsley (optional)
3/4 cup dried small pasta shapes (orzo or any other small noodle)

In medium saucepan, bring water and bouillon cubes to a rolling boil, add pasta, reduce heat to medium and let cook for approximately 7-9 minutes until pasta is done.  May be served with saltine crackers.
"Cure All" Soup, Crackers and Apple Juice






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts. Would love to hear from you! Angela