Breaded Steak Fingers
1 lb of cubed steak cut into strips
1 cup of flour
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper (optional - if you don't like pepper, then just omit this)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 bowl of water to dip strips in
- Heat cooking oil to 375 degrees Fahrenheit in a skillet or use a deep fryer (I use a deep fryer).
- Mix all dry ingredients well in a dish.
- Dip steak in water to moisten and then dip into flour mixture making sure it's coated really well.
- Fry until golden brown, which is about 4-5 minutes. Remove and place on plate lined with paper towel to drain any extra grease. Serve immediately. Horseradish dipping sauce is wonderful with this and of course the old standby, Ranch dressing is good too!
- Add some fries, mashed potatoes or rice and you have a great dinner!