Thursday, January 17, 2013

Baked Potato Casserole

Baked Potato Casserole
Do you ever wonder what to do with leftovers?  If you're like me, then the answer is probably yes.  With just the three of us in our family at home (my grown son lives in Wyoming), we never finish what I've cooked the same night.   A couple of nights ago, I decided to do a budget friendly dinner and made baked potatoes.  I put out all the goodies (shredded cheese, sour cream, butter, bacon bits, etc.) so that each of us could make our Loaded Potato the way we wanted it.  They were wonderful and very economical.  The problem is, I baked a couple extra thinking my daughter and husband might want them for their lunch the next day but they didn't need lunch because both had meetings to go to that provided lunch.  Well, if you've ever had leftover baked potatoes, they're not nearly as good the second time around.  So, I racked my poor little pea brain (which is never a good thing) and decided to try and make a casserole out of the leftover potatoes.   I must be taking after Paula Deen because my leftover potatoes turned out YUMMY!!!!  The best part.....it was super easy.  Here's what you do:

Baked Potato Casserole
Ingredients:
Leftover Baked Potatoes (I used 2 large potatoes)
8 oz sour cream
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 milk, cream or half & half
4 tablespoons of butter (melted)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
bacon bits
diced green onions or chives (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Slice potatoes (with skin removed - it gets tough) into 1/4 inch slices and layer in casserole dish.  Mix sour cream, milk, salt, garlic powder and butter together and pour over potatoes.  Sprinkle bacon bits over potatoes and cover with shredded cheese.  *If you wish to add green onions or chives, add before cheese.  Bake at 350 for about 15-20 minutes until heated through.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts. Would love to hear from you! Angela