Thursday, January 10, 2013

Blooper Free Banana Bread (or Zucchini)

For those of you who love the taste of homemade breads but don't like all the hassle of measuring forty million ingredients (like me), then this bread recipe is for you!  This recipe is blunder and blooper free (yeah baby) and this is verified by the fact that I had this recipe before I really learned to cook (back in the dark ages).  My poor husband loved when I made this bread because it was one thing that he KNEW would be good.  He didn't have to smile and pretend he liked it (which he did on many other occasions, just because he loved me) because it was always good.  The beauty of this bread is that it works with bananas or zucchini, it might even be good with applesauce now that I think about it.  I'll have to try that and let you know.   Anyway, this is great as a breakfast bread, a dessert served warm with whipped cream or just anytime you want a snack.  The recipe makes two loaves and if you don't eat the second loaf right away (which never seems to be a problem in our house), you can wrap it up in plastic wrap and freeze it.  Hope you enjoy this recipe and let me know how you like it!   Hope you have a beautifully blunder free day!

Blooper Free Banana/Zucchini Bread
2 cups self rising flour
3 eggs
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
3 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. vanilla
3 really ripe bananas (mash them up before adding to mixture) or 2 cups grated zucchini (skin off)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.  Spray two loaf pans with non-stick cooking spray (like Pam).  Mix all ingredients together in large bowl and pour 1/2 into each loaf pan.  Bake for 45-50 minutes or until knife inserted in center of bread comes out clean.  (Note:  I set my oven time at 40 minutes and do the knife test, and then recheck every 5 minutes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts. Would love to hear from you! Angela